How To ‘Say’ F You In A Foreign Country
In America, we flip the bird to say F You. But that’s not the case in other parts of the world.
If you plan on crossing the big pond to do some world traveling and someone pisses you off, you will need to know what hand signal means “F You.” I don’t know about you, but me and learning a foreign language do not mix. I took three years of Spanish in High School and can only count to 10. So without further ado, here is how to “flip the bird” when you are traveling…
- England: Make a peace sign, but keep your palm facing your body.
- Iran: The thumbs up there is like the middle finger here.
- Greece: Hold up your palm at someone with your fingers and thumb all spread apart, like you’re gesturing for a high five.
- Russia: Make a fist, then have your thumb stick out between your index and middle fingers. Like playing “got your nose.”
- India and Pakistan: Put the tip of your thumb in your mouth while the rest of your fingers are curled up in a fist. Then flick your hand forward.
- Egypt: The offensive gesture there is the reverse middle finger . . . stick up your index, ring, and pinky fingers but keep your middle finger tucked down.
Now you know….