Shannon Review’s Her Top 5 Wingfest Sauces [PHOTOS]
Last week I informed you REV Warriors about the Top 5 sauces that I wanted to try at Wingfest 2106. And I’m happy to say that I was able to try all of them before they all got devoured by the HUGE crowd that night.
So here’s a recap on what I thought about these five sauces at this years Wingfest:
1) Peanut Butter with Bacon — Honestly this one was even better than what I expected! Our Saturday night chick Abbey actually told me that she would like to bathe in this sauce because it was sooo good. I’ll skip the bath, but I’ll go for a few more rounds of these wings and sprinkle some more bacon onto them too.
2) Sweet and Hot Mustard — I was hoping that this sauce would have more of a kick to it, but I was wrong. I mean they were still delicious, don’t get me wrong on that. But maybe it’s just my taste buds used to spicier mustards that I’m not getting the heat from these and more of the ‘sweet’ side. I would get them again if they were offered to me.
3) Cherry Coke Wings — Was really disappointed with this one. They honestly just poured cherry coke on top of the chicken wings. I thought that they would take the cherry coke and make it into a think sauce or something. Two thumbs down from me.
4) Heavenly Sweet — From what I overheard at Wingfest, I wasn’t the only person disappointed with this one. It was honestly was just spaghetti sauce on top of the chicken wings. Yeeeeah, to the folks who brought this “recipe”, maybe you should actually make your own sauce instead of just pouring it out of a can.
5) Raspberries Revenge — It’s like what I said before, if you have the word ‘Revenge’ in the title, it’s automatically going to be HOT! And IT WAS!! Ooooh man, my mouth was on fire after taking the first bite out of those. But the crazy thing was, that I would continue to go back for more. My tongue and lips were screaming at me to stop, where my taste buds kept telling me to keep enjoying these wings. I’m really happy that I brought a half a gallon of milk with me just for things like this.