Shannon’s Top 5 Sauces To Try At Wingfest 2016
We’re just 5 days away from Wingfest 2106 and I can already smell all the different kinds of sauces and spices that are going to be taking over the Sports Arena East Building at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
I personally like my wings to have a mild to medium kick to them, but I’m open to try different kinds of flavors and heats. Expect for the one’s that make your tongue go numb, you won’t be seeing me take the blazin’ challenge from Bdubs anytime soon.
Earlier today we got a updated list on what kinds of sauces are going to be competing at Wingfest and here are the top 5 sauces that I hope to try on Saturday:
1) Cherry Coke Wings — I was a HUGE fan of Cherry Coke when I was a kid. I mean I would drink the stuff like it was nothing. The 8-year old in me is really looking forward to tasting this one… maybe bring back some old memories.
2) Peanut Butter with Bacon — It’s Peanut Butter and Bacon… what else is their to mention! I’m guessing that this will have a tangy flavor… maybe.
3) Sweet and Hot Mustard — On my Dad’s side of my family, mustard is a must at the dinner table. Lately I’ve been into the more spicy kinds, but this ‘sweet and hot’ has me wondering.. hmmm.
4) Raspberries Revenge — If you have the word ‘Revenge’ in the title, you automatically know that it’s going to be HOT! Or maybe not… I’m not 100% sure, but that’s just what my gut feeling is telling me. I better make sure that I have some milk with me when I try this one because I learned the hard way last year that beer only make’s things worst!
5) Heavenly Sweet — I’m hoping that this one isn’t ‘too’ sweet and that it’s just a name. I’ve never really been a fan of sweet sauces, but maybe I’ll be changing my tune about that on Saturday.